Date: Monday May 19, 2008
Newsmaker Monday! Breaking news and analysis: Special pre-panel talk (with Q&A) by City of Philadelphia At-Large Councilman Bill Green. “Why and how Philadelphia must react to the pullout of Earthlink from the City Wide WiFi network”.
Title: Mobile in the Enterprise:
Best practices. What’s hot and what’s not. Predicting what’s next.
Location: Union League Club of Philadelphia
RSVP: The event is free, RSVP here. (the events fill-up)
Sponsor: Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP & Wharton Club of Philadelphia
About: Corporations care about increasing productivity. Hear how leading companies integrate mobile into the enterprise by making it easy to adopt and afford.
Introduction: Stephen Goodman, Morgan Lewis Partner, Morgan Lewis’ Business & Finance Practice (the guru of private equity in Philadelphia!)
Moderator: Bob Pons, Senior Vice President, TMNG Global (vetern mobile/telcom executive with companies such as MCI, Sprint, and FreedomPay who leads the Capital Markets Practice for TMNG Global)
- Charles Weg, Mobility Applications, AT&T (25 years in telecommunications and has worked for Converse, Sprint, GTE Telenet, Boeing and Datapoint)
- Mark Paul, Regional Manager, Strategic Clients, Motorola (24 years in the Mobile Computing and Mobility industry and worked for MSI Data, Symbol Technologies, Telxon, and Motorola)
- JP Finnell, CEO of Mobility Partners, LLC (wrote the book on business mobility, worked for Nokia, and is a recognized leader in his pure-play wireless mobility consultancy)
- Sandeep Bhanote, CEO, Global Bay (over 200+ deployments in over 8 countries in 5 languages of its mobile platform across many verticals including Retail and Government)
- Don Grust, VP Marketing and Business Development, Apacheta (15 years in wireless and mobile computing, worked for RAM Mobile Data (now Velocita Wireless) and AT&T Bell Labs, and founded Espria & Broadbeam)
- Frederic Wilf, Technology Law, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP (expert on legal implications of mobile technology in the enterprise)
We are meeting April 7th at 7pm.
Feel free to invite any of your friends with interest in mobile search.
Please RSVP on Facebook:Click Here
Kannuu.com will present their mobile platform
GoMoInfo.com will present their click-to-call mobile search platform
Do not forget.
When you get to the parking garage go to the very top. We will be in the North Tower in the room with the door propped open.Address:
2200 S. Service Road.
Dallas, TX 75261
This month’s event is sponsored by:
The Evolution and Monetization of Mobile Video. - part of the enabler track of the Ubiquitous Web series
Recent advances in mobile video players, streaming technologies and transcoding platforms are enabling the transmission and reception of video universally across fixed and mobile devices. This evolution is creating new ways to monetize mobile video and develop new mobile audiences, a new advertising base and potentially new types of social networks.
In parallel, mobile video broadcasting is being deployed with dedicated spectrum to relieve the bandwidth bottlenecks that will result when video streaming becomes widely popular over the mobile internet. How will these services complement each other?
MoMo-NY presents speakers from five emerging companies active in mobile video:
- Daniel Torras - Vantrix
- Bhaskar Roy - Qik
- Bob Walczak - Ringleader Digital
- Max Haot - Mogulus
- Shaun Thanki - Actinamo
This will be followed by a panel of leading experts discussing the business models and investment opportunities in mobile video applications:
- Panel Moderator: Lubna Dajani – Founder of Stratemerge, co-Founder MobileMonday-NY
- Paul Walsh – Entrepreneur and CEO, Segala, UK.
- Anton Wahlman – Managing Director, Communications Technology Research, ThinkEquity Partners LLC.
- Eric Petajan – CTO – VectorMAX Corp, USA
- Loren Feldman – 1938 Media
- Chip Canter - VP Content & Business Development – Mobile, NBC Universal, USA.
Monday, March 24, 2008 at 6:45 PM
Samsung Experience Center
Time Warner Center – Shops at Columbus Circle
10 Columbus Circle, 3rd floor
New York City, New York 10022
At the intersection of Broadway, Eighth Avenue, Central Park South and
Central Park West.
Subways to Shops at Columbus Circle: A/C, 1/9, B/D
to 59th Street/Columbus Circle
Cost: FREE, please just RSVP here.
For sponsorship and participation please email lubna [dot] dajani [at] mobilemonday [dot] net.
Demo night showcases what Mobile Monday Mid-Atlantic is all about. Up close and personal with exciting mobile companies. Demo night is hosted by Traffic.com and will be held right off the Chesterbrook exit of Route 202 at the VALLEY FORGE SUITES HOTEL, 888 Chesterbrook Blvd, Wayne (Chesterbrook) PA 19087 on Monday March 24. Networking and reception starts at 5:45 PM and the event begins at 6:30PM. After the event there will be tours of the Traffic.com studio. RSVP - this event will fill-up!
For our last event, we had to close registration the day of the event. Maybe because we held our event on a holiday (MLK day) people wanted to keep the party going. An overflow event should be the case on March 24th as well - as Mobile Monday is the day after Easter Sunday - so come out to extend the festivities with us!
Demo night is where you can watch and interact with mobile co’s in the region as they unviel their latest and greatest. From publicly traded companies, to start-ups looking for seed capital, demo night captures the upbeat vibe of the mobile space.
Here’s a sample of the exciting line-up for DEMO night:
- LeaderBoard has an exclusive deal with the PGA (Professional Golf Association) to provide a way for tournament spectators to follow a match from a sanctioned mobile device. Cell phones are not allowed near the course (can you imagine Tiger misses a put because he’s distracted by your ring-tone).
- Traffic.com lets you get the latest traffic information from your cell phone to lessen the pain of your commute.
- GoMobo lets you order and pay ahead of your arrival at busy restaurants like Subway, DunkinDonuts and yes, WaWa.
- PhindMe’s platform let’s consumers interact with your business from mobile phones.
- Accuity Mobile let’s companies manage mobile advertising with their robust platform.
- Human Network Labs uses on screen icons to represent physical places linked to information, personal profiles or websites.
- Crave mobile was created by local University of Penn students and uses natural language recognition, machine learning-algorithms, text-messaging and a user’s pre-existing social network to become seamlessly integrated in a person’s life.