We are planning an outdoor demo night at Yerba Buena Park, next to the Metreon Theater.
It won’t be dark enough until 8pm to start the demos and wanted to know if you’d be interested in the later start.
Jonathan Ebinger - Partner at BlueRun Ventures
Monetize – Jim Greenwall – CEO of Danal
Location aware – Joel Grossman - SVP Marketing and Products of Location-Labs
Track and analyze – John Forese – CEO of Motally
CRM – Scott Kveton – CEO Urban Airship
If you missed the event, or just want to recap on the keynote or panel, you can now watch a recording of the entire evening.
- Drew Salamone, Director, Digital Media, NBC Universal
- David West, VP Sales and Marketing, Pocono Mountain Convention and Visitors Bureau; Mobile Marketing Committee Chair for the Destination Marketing Association International
- Steve Rockman – SVP Digital Strategy, The Star Group
- Dan Goikhman, co-Founder, Mojiva
- Paul Alfieri, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Limelight Networks
- Greg Yardley, VP Products – Ad Optimization and Co-founder, Flurry
(Video 2 coming soon)
Senior Interaction Designers are creative problem solvers that tackle
complex user interfaces across a range of screen sizes and technology
platforms. Senior Interaction Designers develop wireframes, flow
diagrams, and prototypes through the process of concept generation,
This intensive full-day class is being taught by nationally renown Android instructor Mark Murphy, author of “The Busy Coder’s Guide to Advanced Android Development,” and will be held at Motorola’s downtown Chicago offices. The $75 registration fee covers lunch and materials.
This course builds on the series of “Android 101″ workshops offered by Chicago Android in order to help students advance to the next level of competency with the platform. As a prerequisite, all students must have successfully completed both the SMS and the barcode scanning app courses, or the equivalent.
Registration is limited to just 30 participants in order to offer this rare “hands on” course with Mr. Murphy. As mentioned, due to the intense nature of this workshop, a minimal level of experience is required.
SPONSORED BY MOTODEV
The Android 201 organizers would like to thank Motorola MOTODEV for sponsoring this workshop. A MOTODEV representative will also be at the workshop to answer any additional technical questions and provide more information about the organization. A few words about MOTODEV:
“Motorola has chosen Android as a simple, powerful means to bring a whole new generation of phenomenal mobile experiences to Motorola users and has already announced an extensive portfolio of Android based handsets around the world.
“MOTODEV, Motorola’s developer network, offers the one, easy-to-access, internet-enabled, open environment developers need to succeed in the future.”
I'm Carlo Longino, and I was one of the founding members of MoMo
Austin. I've been living in Las Vegas but moved back to Austin a few
weeks ago, and I look forward to meeting you all.
In the meantime, I have some free passes for Qualcomm's Uplinq
developer event being held in San Diego at the end of the month. If
You have focused on the product. You have designed it with care. Come learn about 4 critical add-ons that can enhance your core product’s functionality and adoption.
This event is sponsored by BlueRun Ventures.
Monetize – Jim Greenwall – CEO of Danal
Location aware – Tasso Roumeliotis – CEO of Wavemarket
Track and analyze – John Forese – CEO of Motally
CRM – Scott Kveton – CEO Urban Airship
Location: W San Francisco
Date: June 21, 2010
Time: 6:30pm Registration Opens | 7:10pm Panel Begins
Cost: Free, but registration is required to attend.
Transportation: Nearest BART is Powell St.
Parking: Valet is $38-$48 per day
Mobile Monday Platform Sponsor: Research in Motion
BlackBerry® was the number one selling smartphone brand in the United States at the end of calendar 2009. Imagine having this kind of reach and developing apps that can push immediate updates to your users. These are just some of the benefits of creating applications for BlackBerry® smartphones.
living across various spheres of human life.
*Select any of the categories and submit your entries before 10 th June
Growth Economy Venture Challenge
*What you can expect to win *
applications for a suite of Android devices. Candidates must be able
to wear both developer and designer hats, as the team will be pushing
the limits of what can be done on the Android platform.
As a technologist on a world-class design team, you will play an
Please join us for the next gathering of mobile industry professionals & enthusiasts on Monday, June 21, 2010, at 6:00 pm. Reserve the date in your calendar now!
Please RSVP so that we can plan refreshments and to get your name into our host’s security system:
This month marks our second annual Mobile Demo Showcase! Six companies will take 10 minutes each to tell you about how their mobile projects are out to change the world — or just change their own company! After each of the six companies present, a handful more will do three minute lightning presentations on their projects. Before and after the event, all participating companies will have tables where they can demo their projects individually for attendees.
This event is going to be a ton of fun. Come to meet some promising local startups, see how some established companies are launching new mobile projects, and meet some amazing entrepreneurs. You won’t want to miss this one!
Date: Monday, June 21, 2010
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Topic: Mobile Monday Chicago Mobile Demo Showcase
Presenter: Please see the bottom of this page for the full list of demoing projects
Location: ThoughtWorks, 200 E. Randolph St., 25th Floor, Aon Center, Chicago, IL 60601
Location Notes: Participants must register to get on the official attendance list. At the venue, please sign-in at the reception desk on the first floor. Picture ID required.
Directions: Please see the ThoughtWorks web site for details. The State/Lake Street and Randolph/Wabash El stops (all lines) are about 2 blocks away. The building is a block off Michigan Ave. and is also well served by buses.
Parking: There is parking in the Aon Center and neighboring buildings. There is less expensive parking on Lake Street just west of Michigan Ave, plus several other parking structures in the vicinity.
6:00 pm – Sign-In / Light refreshments
6:15: Mobile Demo Showcase: Six 10 minute presentations
7:15: A handful of three-minute lightning presentations
7:30 pm > Refreshments / Networking
10 Minute Presentations
The following list of projects will be giving 10 minute presentations. We’re excited that there’s a nice mix of startups, a couple of consulting firms working on interesting projects, and even an established local company branching out into the mobile space.
- Allstate® Mobile by Allstate Insurance Company: http://itunes.apple.com/app/allstate-mobile
- Contact: Nathan Kraft (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Allstate Mobile is Allstate’s new mobile application that gives customers instant access to their Allstate agent, account information and proactive tools to keep customers safer on the road. Features include an agent locator, mobile bill pay, ballpark insurance quote estimator, account access and policy information and mobile claims filing. Customers can also use a built-in accident toolkit feature to capture accident info at the scene and email it. Allstate Mobile is available on iPhone, BlackBerry and will be released in July, 2010 on Android. Wherever you go, you’re in Good Hands with Allstate.”
- The Official 2010 Chicago Blues Festival App by Applitite: www.applitite.com
- Contact: Philip Berman (email@example.com)
- “The official iPhone app of the 2010 Chicago Blues Festival. The Chicago Blues Festival is the largest free blues festival in the world and remains one of the largest of Chicago’s Festivals. During three days on five stages, more than 640,000 blues fans prove that Chicago is the ‘Blues Capital of the World.’ This app features:- Live schedule updates
- Artist descriptions
- Rate and take notes about your favorite shows
- Plan and email your agenda to freinds
- The latest festival news and tweets
- Fun encore flame
- Color coded map + GPS Map to help you find your way
- Pre-event ‘Blues Season’ schedule”
- Universal Mobile Marketing by Iris Mobile - www.irismobile.com
- Contact: Dr. Cezary Kolodziej (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Since 89% of mobile users don’t have access to smart phone technology today, Iris Mobile’s Universal Mobile Marketing platform enables marketers to send rich content (image, text, video, audio, slide presentation) to any handset with any major wireless operator without a data plan at standard messaging rates, in an optimized format depending on end-user phone capabilities. A demo of Universal Mobile Marketing platform will prove it is possible to create engaging marketing campaigns (far beyond text messaging) reaching not only iPhone and Droid communities but also the rest of the 89% of phones on the market today.”
- mPayy Contactless Transit Payments by mPayy, Inc.: www.mpayy.com
- Contact: Conrad Sheehan (email@example.com), Trace Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “mPayy will now access its mobile payment API’s via contactless fare media, including smart cards, keyfobs and stickers. mPayy plans to offer the solution to transit authorities as a jumping off point to take on broader retail. The unique benefits to prospective transit authority partners include i) lowering costs of managing multiple types of fare media because mPayy controls pricing server side; ii) providing free accounts to the 50+% of riders who are unbanked with mPayy’s stored value accounts; iii) increasing ‘top up’ options available by providing mobile payment services to the card.”
- SoleSearch by Pangea Subsidiaries: www.sole-search.net
- Contact: Brandon Williamson (email@example.com)
- “SoleSearch is a niche app created for the traveling sneaker collector which uses GPS coordinates to guide users from their location to the location of choice within the SoleSearch database. SoleSearch is the first ever sneaker boutique finder and has a database of only the finest sneaker boutiques from Canada to Australia! SoleSearch is the premier interactive iPhone/iPod Touch application created for the needs of the on-the-go sneaker collector. SoleSearch harnesses relevant global retail information and GPS data to give both seasoned and novice collectors an ‘insider shopping advantage’ anywhere in the world sneakers are sold. Although the focus of this app is on such a niche market, it will open up how we shop for most things important solely to us. Though the name currently being SoleSearch is related to the soles of one’s footwear, SoleSearch will soon expand to be the Sole Search Provider for things related to people as a whole. It’s not only the future of shopping, but the future of how we are introduced to new things in new or even familiar areas.”
- Wilco.app by Roundarch / Wilco - www.roundarch.com and www.wilcoworld.net
- Contact: Jeremy Bierly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “WILCO (the App) was developed to provide you (the fan) with a little bit of Wilco in the palm of your hand. Some of the features include:
- Streams of all of the band’s studio albums
- Show calendar with the ability to purchase tickets and request songs
- Concert photo and poster galleries
- Setlists and live recordings from shows”
3 MINUTE LIGHTNING ROUND PRESENTERS
The following projects will be given three minutes to talk about their projects. All presenters will also be available afterward to demo their projects and network.
- Formation by 820Mobile - http://formation.820mobile.com
- Contact: Kenneth Hebel (email@example.com)
- “Formation allows the collection of data using forms that are hosted on our servers. A user may retrieve and submit a form using either a web browser or an Android Phone. On the Android Phone forms can also be retrieved using a QRcode Results of the form may be viewed in a variety of formats (2D/3D Pie Chart, Bar and Line Graph) on our website. Our application has many practical uses including retrieving feedback for presentations, events, and products. For more information check out formation.820mobile.com“
- AndroidTapp.com Android App Reviews: www.androidtapp.com
- Contact: Antonio Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “AndroidTapp.com is the world’s leader in mobile cellphone application consumer reviews for Google’s Android operating system. Featuring news, advice, interviews with mobile application developers, and support. The service is beneficial to consumers and developers alike. For consumers; they receive in-depth information regarding apps like pros versus cons, features, pricing, screenshots, video reviews and advice when in need of buying apps. Developers receive added exposure to sell their apps and interact with our consumer audience, candid feedback, announcement and interview opportunities. AndroidTapp.com also offers full Android Market search, Android app recommendations, and more.”
- Good for Enterprise Software Suite by Good Technology - www.good.com
- Contact: Renee Bruning (email@example.com)
- “Managing mobility is an ever increasing challenge, especially as more and more users demand support for popular new platforms and devices. Good for Enterprise™ provides critical security and management features that allow corporate IT to secure and control the most popular devices on the market. You can rest easy with over-the-air and on-device encryption of enterprise data, remote application password policies, and remote wipe of enterprise data across a wide range of handsets including the newest Apple and Android devices. IT helpdesk can easily manage and troubleshoot issues with complete visibility of devices deployed within your company, through a simple web-based management interface.”
- ProOnGo Expense by ProOnGo: www.proongo.com
- Contact: Phillip Leslie (Phillip@ProOnGo.com)
- “ProOnGo, an Chicago based company, makes expense reporting as easy as a snap. With ProOnGo’s flagship product ProOnGo Expense, smartphone owners submit their expense reports simply by taking pictures of their receipts with an Android™, BlackBerry®, iPhone™, or Windows Mobile® phone. Expense details are prepared automatically by ProOnGo’s Receipt Reader service, and within minutes the results are available for export to Microsoft® Excel, QuickBooks® Online Edition, PayServ Payroll Systems, and more. Time and mileage tracking are also included, making ProOnGo Expense a complete expense tracking solution for today’s busy mobile professional. ProOnGo has been featured by BusinessWeek, Chicago Tribune, CIO.com, Forbes, NBC, Network World, and PC World, and was named a top app of the year by the BlackBerry Partners Fund in 2009.”
- iComplishments by Tap Me, Inc. - www.tapme.info
- Contact: David Ballard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “iComplishments is an in-game ad platform that represents a departure from the traditional web ad model of banners and videos within mobile games and apps. Our impressions are served through in-game achievements, and players are able to choose brands to sponsor them in exchange for unique powerups and augments to their gameplay. The various augments and powerups are intelligently matched to brand messages (for example, a player may choose Nike as a sponsor for extra speed in their game). This relationship is broadcasted via social channels, and grows organically over time. iComplishments creates meaningful relationships between consumers and brands through play.”
Please remember to RSVP by noon on the day of the presentation in order to get on the official registration list for our host’s security system.
Special thanks to our generous host and sponsor, ThoughtWorks!